Monday, January 22, 2007

What's that? Bears/Colts you say? Boulderdash!

Well who would have thought, Bears/Colts in the superbowl! That is just crazy talk. Too bad it wasn't being hosted in the midwest, because what a chaotic party that would be. I'm going to be cheering for the Colts, but I can't say I'm going to be terribly disappointed if the Bears win, but you do have to pick a side to make it more fun.

In other news, I'll give some props to Hawkins for posting up a Hillary Clinton Saturday Night Live funny.

Also, yesterday we had our first snow of the year, and probably got about 4 inches. Katilyn and Hailey were so excited! Hailey woke me up by saying "Daddy! Daddy! There's a big toe outside!" lol. Kaitlyn must have played outside for two hours, building a pretty impressive snowman with Vincent from next door.

Now I'm en route to California for a couple days. Northwest canceled the only direct flight from Indy to San Francisco, so I'm back doing the connection thing, which adds a couple hours to the trip. Ugh. But, the good news is that, with a little help from Hawkins, I've been given Gold Elite status, which didn't get me first class on this trip, but it did get me into the exit row and out of the middle of row 33. And, connecting through Detroit gives me the chance to use the airline club room feature of the Amex Platinum card, which is the only reason I even keep that thing. If you've never used an airline club room, it's basically the difference between sitting in nice hotel lobby vs. sitting at the Greyhound station. Food, quiet, desks, and couches. Not as nice as a direct flight, but it could be much worse.

I'm sure Ames will have some pictures of 'Frosty' the snowman up on her site soon. He was a good looking pile of snow!

Go Colts!

No comments: